Microsoft Worldwide Services
Sr. Project Manager – Microsoft Worldwide Services (Lionbridge): June – Aug. 2009
- Effectively mitigated risk on localization deliverables and schedule.
- Drove adherence to requirements among business units, translating into action plan.
- Improved process by developing Roadmap for Success.
Microsoft Office 365 Pilot Team
- Developed and managed editorial content calendars, and led quarterly/weekly stakeholder meetings with product group stakeholders from User Assistance, Marketing, Engineering, Community, and Support teams.
- Initiated early adoption for blogs and social media platforms as customer support and communications channels.
- Worked with internal teams to introduce automated, scalable, blog-driven content delivery system.
- Helped improve end-user content by spearheading Business Intelligence (BI) user metrics initiative; outlined strategy and planning roadmaps; wrote and delivered monthly reports to all stakeholders, including executive team.
- Led customer feedback initiative. Identified need for customer feedback channel and drove early cross-group strategy, aligning business requirements for scalability, localizability, and user documentation.
- Championed customer-centric communication and collaboration system by designing, developing, and managing SharePoint site for customer feedback management.
- Drove delivery of globalized product and web content by helping developers meet globalization/localization requirements, delivering organized code and content strings across product user interface, web portals, customer help and feedback.
- Led engagement with MVP team as Community Evangelist, managed blogs and forums for pilot customer support.
Microsoft Hosting Solutions
Senior Project Manager and Senior Writer/Editor (implement.com): Nov. 2006 – Apr. 2007
- Hosted Exchange, Microsoft Mobile Services | Technical writer and project manager for customer-facing field readiness ADS (architectural design session) content for Microsoft Windows-based Hosting 4.5 and Windows-based Hosting for Applications 1.5.
- Served as technical writer for a similar, broader set of deliverables for Hosted Messaging and Collaboration 4.0. Served as project manager for updates to the Microsoft Mobile Media version 1.1 User’s Guide for Phones.
Sr. Technical Editor (S&T): Sept. 2005 – Sept. 2006
- Service Providers Web: Created scalable web publishing model using SharePoint (online submission, internal info portals, editorial calendar, etc.). Worked product managers, program managers, marketing staff, and site managers to source and publish customer-facing content.
- TechNet Hosting Solutions: Designed original web page, wrote headlines and product description copy. Developed internal hosting personas SharePoint site. Wrote/edited/globalized UI strings for Mobile Media 1.0.
- Windows-based Hosting 4.0 and Windows-based Hosting for Applications 1.0: Converted technical documents for online release from Microsoft Word into XML using XMetal.
Microsoft MVP Program
Senior Program Manager (Volt): June 2004 – May 2005
- Customer satisfaction VSAT ~90%. Managed VP and product group technical resource programs for MVP customers worldwide: Digital Certificates, Windows Source Code Licensing, Knowledge Base (KB) Content Agreement, Partner Level KB, Community Solutions, Product Feedback, Technical Support, and others. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
- Streamlined team communications and processes by designing online submission forms for feedback and suggestions.
- Drove vast improvements in user experience by writing brief, actionable web content focused on quick solutions.
Microsoft Project 2003
Senior Program Manager (Volt): Sept. 2002 – Sept. 2003
- Managed User Assistance globalization process for Microsoft Project and Visio (web and in-product Help)
- Delivered outstanding quality handoffs by developing and driving checklist system for stakeholders.
- Wrote specification to improve next generation pseudo-localization tools and liaised with Microsoft Windows User Assistance Localization team to customize tools in line with team and product requirements.
Microsoft Office Online
Program Manager, Localization (Volt): Jan.1999 – June 2000
- Managed two external multi-language vendors to localize, publish, and update Microsoft Office Online (21 languages).
- Developed standardized web localization metrics that resulted in $40K recuperated funds, ~ 1MK future cost savings, and helped improve through-put metrics. Delivered vendor improvement plans and streamlined processes.
- Drove large-scale efficiency and budgeting improvements by developing concept and specification for automated dashboard and schedule and status management tools to quickly calculate estimates and reports for vendor localization costs and delivery dates based on file type, word count, and standardized metrics.
Program Manager, Localization (S&T) – Microsoft.com: Dec.1997 – Nov.1998
Microsoft Year 2000 web site (no longer published), all international versions
- Globalized, and managed localization, testing, and release. Published all phase 1 international sites ahead of local government date requirements (40+ countries). Consulted on international database construction and localization.
- Vastly reduced localization cost and sped up vendor delivery by meticulously and personally globalizing file set, defining SLAs. Improved user experience by streamlining content and user interface.
- Mitigated legal and brand perception risk on highly sensitive content worldwide by leading in-depth legal review.
Microsoft Product Catalog, all international versions
- Globalized and managed localization (15+ vendors), testing, and release for over 30 markets worldwide.
- Advanced localization efficiency and quality by developing vendor training program and improvement plans.
- Ensured customer satisfication by developing first subsidiary customer and end customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
International Content Manager (General Employment): Nov. 1996 – Dec. 1997
- Coordinated subsidiary content submission process, edited and produced monthly CDs and web content.
- Gathered local marketing requirements, shipped collateral to subsidiaries worldwide, and helped organize presence at marketing events.